April 29, 2018 admin Church Views Christ Church was built ‘on spec’ for the ‘preaching of Evangelical and Protestant Truth in perpetuity’ and completed in 1849. The largest church on Wirral, Christ Church had ‘1209 sittings of which 414 were free’ when it opened. The two aisles were intended to prevent ‘processions and other popish practises’. The north transept. The galleries in the two transepts were for the use of servants. The south transept, organ and pulpit. Looking towards the main door, with the west gallery above. The organ was originally located here. Now have a look round in our 360 degree photo taken for us by David Bimson!