October 6, 2018

Individual Memorials

The Font

The original font was given by John Elliott and stood near the west door. When, in 1916, it was proposed to remove it and build a new Baptistery and have a new font, Mr Elliott presented the original to the Chapel of Liverpool Royal Infirmary.

The new font, together with the erection of a semi-enclosed Baptistery, (now the children’s room) was given by Mr and Mrs Fred Dobson in memory of their son who died in 1916 at the age of six. In order to erect the Baptistery screen, one or two pews had to be removed from the back of the nave.The font was subsequently moved to its present location.